Jerk Pork

Hello all!

I decided to put up a new recipe today and this one is special because I will be trying this one out for the first time this weekend. I'm going to put up just the words and a picture of how it should end up for now, and once I make it, I will put up a picture of my finished product.

By the way, I found the basics of the jerk pork recipe at http://www.jamaicatravelandculture.com/food_and_drink/jerk_pork.htm and just adapted it to my tastes but if you want the original recipe plus pictures and a video, check out their site. I just went lazy on it and used a bottled Jerk Seasoning that I picked up at Fiesta.

How it should look:
(picture from Jamaica Travel and Culture website[see link above])
















Jerk Pork Recipe
This recipe feeds 6.

Ingredients
  • 3 lb. of boneless pork loin
  • Bottled Jerk Seasoning

Preparation
  1. Cut the pork up in to smaller pieces.
  2. Use a fork to poke some holes in the pork pieces.
  3. Put into a bowl and put some green seasoning and jerk seasoning in the bowl. Toss well and leave the pork in the fridge to marinade overnight (or if you don’t want to wait that long at least 30 minute to an hour. But you get more of the jerk flavor the longer you marinade.) 
  4. Grill the meat slowly on the top rack in your oven until cooked, turning regularly. (Make sure that you put a cookie sheet to catch the grease or you will have a gigantic mess to clean up later…Trust me.) Baste with some of the remaining jerk/green seasoning marinade while cooking.

You can serve it with pretty much anything, but I chose to serve mine with Rice and Peas.

Easy, right?! Hopefully. Ha Ha.

Enjoy and wish me luck,
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment