Curry Chicken Request

Hello once again. I got a request for Curry Chicken so I decided to add this recipe from a cookbook I have from Trinidad. I have never personally made Curry Chicken, but it's on my list of new recipes to try.

Curry Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 3 tsp. curry
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 slice hot yellow pepper
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 4 tbsp. cooking oil
  • 1 sprig thyme
  • 1 chicken, cut up in pieces
  • 1 sprig chives
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tsp. Angostura bitters

Instructions:
  1. Cut chicken in small pieces.
  2. Cut up or mince seasonings and add to chicken.
  3. Let stand for 30 minutes
  4. Heat oil in an iron pot.
  5. Mix curry powder with 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Add to hot oil and cook 2-3 minutes.
  6. Add chicken and stir to coat in curry. Allow all water to dry out, stir well.
  7. Then add hot water and allow to cook until tender; add Angostura bitters and season to taste.

Enjoy and let me know how it comes out!
~Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment